Thursday 10 January 2013

3D Balls

Just because I haven't done any 3D work lately, and because it's too cold to type code, I decided to turn on blender 3D and see what I could do.


This is from old blender 2.60. I heard that blender's rendering engine was changed, but I used the old one anyways.

I used a negative point light below, a spotlight for the shadows and specularity, and an area light working only on diffuse for some soft lighting.

In the scene, there is a reflective plane with a shadeless white material, so it can bounce off the balls with a bit more shine.

The ball material includes reflection and a toon specular shader (I like it because it makes a larger and sharper reflection than other shaders). I also used nodes, to create the slight DOF effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment